Terms & Conditions
Please read these terms and conditions carefully before booking your child on to one of our programmes.
- All Tennis Champs sessions must be booked (via the online booking form) and paid for (via BACS, credit card or cash) prior to the first class starting. We regret we cannot accept children onto the course without prior booking due to safety and insurance concerns.
- Class fees are payable termly in advance and will be charged on a pro-rata basis if you commence the class mid-term
- You may cancel your booking without any charge provided this is at least 10 days before the start of the programme. No refunds will be given for cancellations made within 10 days of the course commencing.
- During the term, fees are non-refundable except in exceptional circumstances and solely at our discretion.
- Occasionally it may be necessary to cancel a class, e.g. due to illness or adverse weather conditions. If this happens a full refund will be offered or credit for the following term will be issued at the end of the term.
- If there are insufficient children booked into a class, unfortunately the term of classes will become unviable and will need to be cancelled at short notice. A full refund will be offered or you may wish to move to a different class.
- Parental participation is at the heart of the Tennis Champs programme (with the exception of classes for 6-8 year olds). To ensure your child fully benefits from the programme we encourage parents to show their support and actively participate within sessions where required.
- To ensure our Tennis Champs classes run to time, and to allow your child to settle easily into the class please can we ask that you arrive 5 minutes before the class starts.
- Please ensure that you and your child are wearing suitable non-slip footwear and comfortable clothing.
- Due to choking hazards and allergies, no food is to be consumed during the class.
- Please bring water with you to the class – children can get very thirsty during our classes!
- It can get very noisy in our venues so please can keep talking to a minimum to ensure the children can hear all the instructions given in class.
- Parents are responsible for their children at all times. Please keep siblings away from the planned activities to ensure their safety. Tennis Champs does not allow the Parent and/or Carer to leave their child for any amount of time before, during or after a Class without the permission of the coach.
- If you are not the participant’s parent or guardian, you need to confirm that you have made such parent or guardian fully aware of this booking and of these terms and conditions (and that they have agreed to them).
- Due to their young age, we understand that children can get sometimes get upset or become disruptive while a class is being run. It has happened to us all! In order to minimise disruption and to allow you time to relax, we kindly ask that you take a break with your child out of the room and return when you feel ready.
- Occasionally, Tennis Champs employees or employed third parties may take photographs or videos during Tennis Champs classes. We will seek your permission prior to doing this.
- All complaints or concerns should be raised directly with the Tennis Champs owner, preferably face-to-face in order that concerns can be discussed.
Schools and Nursery Classes
- Children should wear comfortable clothing e.g. tracksuit/shorts and tshirt and trainers.
- Children should bring a hat on sunny days and a bottle of water to ever class.
Additional COVID-19 Terms & Conditions
All of the above terms and conditions apply.
Children and their carers must not attend the class if they or anyone in their household has any of the symptoms on the NHS symptom checker. You must inform Caroline immediately if you have symptoms and seek to get a COVID-19 test immediately and inform Caroline of the results.
In addition, you will be asked to abide by a list of rules and guidelines. These are shown here and should be read carefully.
Additional Cancellation terms
The above cancellation terms apply as normal during the pandemic. No refund will be available if the child or family need to self-isolate or become ill.
Refunds will only be provided in the following cases:
a. If there is a positive COVID-19 test result of an individual in one of the classes (customer or coach), this will mean that all classes will need to close for 14 days and refunds will be provided for classes during those 14 days.
b. If there is a local or national lockdown, classes will need to shut down and refunds will be provided for the period of the lockdown.